The course on Piping Stress Analysis has been developed to explain the fundamentals of Piping Stress Engineering in detail. The content is organized in a systematic manner so that the first timers can also understand. Course content is based on practical problems and solutions, which is created by experienced professionals with decades of experience in the relevant field. Please Note: The course is Published on EPCLand platform which is learning management system (LMS) and designed for online courses.
The purpose of this article is to give answers to the basic questions about the course which commonly comes into the mind before enrolling to the published courses. So Let’s begin with details and look at various sections of the article.
What are you going to learn in this piping course
Stress analysis is an integral part of Piping engineering which decides the flexibility of critical & non-critical piping systems. Caesar II is used in most of the cases to perform the stress analysis. In this section, not only Basics of stress analysis are explained but how to perform the analysis in CAESAR II is explained in detail. Moreover, this section talks about actual stress analysis for various vessels & equipment in details. Pipe Support section talks about Pipe Support selection, various spans, Standard & Special Supports.
- Basics of Stress Analysis
- Inputs required
- Stress Critical Line list
- WRC 537 & WRC 297
- Thickness calculation
- Flange Leakage Checking
- Expansion Loop calculation
- Learning Caesar II
- Basics of Caesar II
- Creating Load Cases
- Static Load Case Editor
- Wind & Seismic Analysis
- Slug & Surge Analysis
- Modal Analysis
- Stress analysis
- Pump Piping
- Horizontal vessels
- Buried pipe
- Storage Tanks
- GRE piping
- FRP piping
- PSV Piping
- Pipe Supports
- List & Role of Supports
- Supporting Span
- Standard & special Supports
- Spring & Hanger supports
- Optimization rules
What is the duration of course
Total duration of the course is 14 hours. However, it is recommended to watch the lecture at least thrice, so that the fundamentals covered can be easily grabbed.
Recommendations to proceed further
- It is highly recommended that watching all the lecture continuously in a single sitting should be avoided.
- Prepare a schedule of 1-2 hours on daily basis.
- Write down the learning in short or in the form of your own notes
- List out the queries or doubts and share at Forums of Engineers Land.
- Join Telegram group and register to keep yourself updated with the latest published content on EPCLand and Engineers Land.
Top Benefits of Piping Engineering course
- Lifetime access once enrolled
- Same lecture can be watched as many times as you want
- Flexibility of time and location
- Readymade notes which can be referred before interviews and working on live projects
- Become part of professional communities on Telegram & Engineers Land.
Prerequisites of this course
- Willingness to learn
- Complete clarity on where you see yourself after 3-5 years
- Awareness of Energy sector (Click here to read about Scope of Piping Engineers)
How to be an expert in piping engineering
Recommended courses (Published on EPCLand):
Don’t miss 7 Free courses available for Enrolment
Along with the above mentioned recommend courses, there are 7 free course which available on EPCLand platform. These courses are just published so that the candidates can get use to the interface of EPCLand and get a feel how the lectures are available and organised on this platform. Following are the links to the free courses:
Recommended YouTube Playlists
- 2 minutes FundasSeries: Explains hundreds of Piping Engineering fundamentals in less than 2 minutes
- Piping questions and answers: It talks about various Questions & Answers to understand the engineering fundamentals
- Piping Engineering Interview preparation: This Section talks about the various questions which are generally aske during interviews
- Subscribe YouTube Channel: Highly recommended to subscribe the Oil and Gas Fundas YouTube channel for various updates
To conclude, this article talks about the course details on Complete stress Analysis explaining what is covered and how to approach after Enrollment. Moreover, it explains how to be part of various professional communities related to piping engineering where candidates can join various ongoing discussions and share the queries.