The course on Underground Piping & Stress Analysis has been developed to explain the fundamentals of Underground piping and associated stress analysis in detail. The content is organized in a systematic manner so that the first timers can also understand. Course content is based on practical problems and solutions, which is created by experienced professionals with decades of experience in the relevant field.
Please Note: Few courses have been Published on Udemy platform which is learning management system (LMS) and designed for online courses. Click to check the available courses.
The purpose of this article is to give answers to the basic questions about the course which commonly comes into the mind before enrolling to the published courses. So Let’s begin with details and look at various sections of the article.
What you’ll learn in Underground Piping and Stress Analysis Course?
All about Under Ground Piping
Various Rules to be followed
General Terms : Catch basin, Manholes, Valve Pits, Diversion Pits, Invert Elevations, Listing Stations
Various Underground Networks : Oily water, Contaminated Rain water, Cooling Water, Closed drain networks
Scope & Responsibility Splits
Stress Analysis of Underground Piping
Setting Ground Work
Input parameters in Caesar
Settings Unit Systems
Pipeline Profile drawings
·Codes & Standards used
AG & UG Pipeline
Step By Step Modelling of Underground Piping
Various tools of Caeser II
Pipeline, Fittings, Supports
Best Practices while modeling/Analysis
Modeling of Buried pipe
U/G Pipe modeler Tool
Parameters in Soil Modelers
Load Cases, Caeser Results and Reports
Creating Load Cases, w.r.t. Various parameters
Analyzing Caeser results
Generating stress reports
Concluding Stress Results and Reports
This covers, Why Underground piping is required, what basic rules need to be followed. It covers most the underground items eg. Catch basin, Manholes, Valve Pits, Diversion Pits, Invert Elevations, Listing Stations. Requirements and configurations for trench piping have also been covered. Various open and closed drain networks are also covered along with Cooling water network. Most of the critical things about Composite drawings are also covered eg What are those drawings and why those drawings are required, who are the various stakeholders involved and basic required to generate these drawings.
Various drawings, cross sectional views have been added at various stage of the course which can be very useful to understand the fundamentals.
Also, we will discuss the various scope & responsibility splits among various disciplines. all phases from Proposal to Feed to Detailed design stages have been covered to understand the scope & responsibilities of various disciplines.
In the End, Stress Analysis shall be discussed w.r.t Underground piping; where the things re discussed in details w.r.t Inputs required, Step by step Modelling in CAESER II, Various parameters, Various load cases and Stress reports.
In this course my Dear Friend Mr. Laxmikant Sawleshwarkar has helped a lot. His contributions have really helped to add more value to the content. I am sure he is going to contribute in upcoming courses too.
Dont miss to provide your feedback.
What is the duration of course
Total duration of the course is 3 hours. However, it is recommended to watch the lecture at least thrice, so that the fundamentals covered can be easily grabbed.
Dont Miss Discount Coupons :
Try Applying Month name’s 3 Letters followed by 4 digits of current year. Example: SEP2022, OCT2022, NOV2022 etc
Recommendations to proceed further
- It is highly recommended that watching all the lecture continuously in a single sitting should be avoided.
- Prepare a schedule of 1-2 hours on daily basis.
- Write down the learning in short or in the form of your own notes
- List out the queries or doubts and share at Forums of Engineers Land.
- Join Telegram group and register to keep yourself updated with the latest published content on EPCLand and Engineers Land.
Top Benefits of Piping Engineering course
- Lifetime access once enrolled
- Same lecture can be watched as many times as you want
- Flexibility of time and location
- Readymade notes which can be referred before interviews and working on live projects
- Become part of professional communities on Telegram & Engineers Land.
Prerequisites of this course
- Willingness to learn
- Complete clarity on where you see yourself after 3-5 years
- Awareness of Energy sector (Click here to read about Scope of Piping Engineers)
How to be an expert in piping engineering
Recommended courses (Published on EPCLand):
- Basics of Piping Engineering
- Piping Layout Engineering
- Piping Material Engineering
- Material Requisitions
- Piping Material Specifications
- Piping Stress Analysis
- Complete Course on Piping Engineering
Don’t miss 7 Free courses available for Enrolment
Along with the above mentioned recommend courses, there are 7 free course which available on EPCLand platform. These courses are just published so that the candidates can get use to the interface of EPCLand and get a feel how the lectures are available and organised on this platform. Following are the links to the free courses:
Recommended YouTube Playlists
- 2 minutes FundasSeries: Explains hundreds of Piping Engineering fundamentals in less than 2 minutes
- Piping questions and answers: It talks about various Questions & Answers to understand the engineering fundamentals
- Piping Engineering Interview preparation: This Section talks about the various questions which are generally aske during interviews
- Subscribe YouTube Channel: Highly recommended to subscribe the Oil and Gas Fundas YouTube channel for various updates
To conclude, this article talks about the course details on Underground Piping and Stress Analysis explaining what is covered and how to approach after Enrollment. Moreover, it explains how to be part of various professional communities related to piping engineering where candidates can join various ongoing discussions and share the queries.